Beneficial Micro Organisms, other than contributing to the production of good wine and cheese, are also invaluable help in your aquaculture productive systems.
EM Technolog™y is very economic, secure and easy to use, of high quality and it produces sustainable results. It permits for significant improvement in the entire production and improve the competitive measures associated with productivity, survival, health and the quality of the production. Moreover, it is totally adaptable to the conditions of the actual aquaculture farm production systems that exist.
In continuation, we will inform you about how to use EM•1® and the benefits that this technology can provide.
The Plan of use of EM technology™ in aquaculture contemplates 4 objective stages:
• Application of EM-Bokashi at the bottom of the tanks as a source of organic material and complimented with metabolites derived from the process of anaerobic fermentation of the bokashi. This product is directed towards incrementing organic material and revitalizing the tanks.
• Preparation of the bottom of the tanks with the addition of aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms that is beneficial for the suppression of pathogenic microorganisms.
• Establishment of beneficial microorganisms in the system through its addition in the column of water.
• Development of the immunological capacity of the production.
The preparation of EM-Bokashi uses the following ingredients:
- 53% of rice meal
- 30% of soybean meal
- 17% Activated EM•1®
The following procedures must be carried out:
- Distribute the selected material over a clean and compact surface area, preferably over a plastic canvas or cement flooring.
- Spray the Activated-EM•1® over all the selected material mixing it well enough to homogenize the application. If the water used in the spraying is not sufficient, then add more water to the material to obtain a final humidity of between 30 – 35%.
- Place the material in a plastic bag or recipient that can maintain conditions totally hermetic. Plastic drums of 200 L with removable lids can also be used.
- Extract the air from the interior of the plastic bag or recipient by means of manual pressure or with an air suction machine. Close it properly to avoid air from entering.
- Place the plastic bags or recipients in a fresh, local area covered from light and leave it to ferment naturally for at least 7 to 10 days. During this period, the temperature must be controlled so that it does not surpass 35°C. If the material surpasses this limit, the material must be mixed again.
- After this period, the bokashi should present a sour-sweet and pleasant odor, similar to that of fermented liquor. At this point, the bokashi is ready for use.
- If the bokashi does not produce the odor described above, this may also mean that contamination occurred and therefore the material must be discarded.
Mode of use and considerations
• On an average, 500 Kg of EM-Bokashi per hectare is used for each cycle depending on the state or condition of the bottom of the tank.
• EM-Bokashi should be uniformly distributed in the bottom of the tank for at least one week before commencing the filling process.
• The bottom of the tank should be made humid before the application of EM-Bokashi.
Mode of use and considerations
• During the filling process of the tanks, estimated for 5 days, a daily application of 150 L of Activated-EM•1® per hectare is done. From the initial day of filling the tank, a total of 750 L of Activated-EM•1® per hectare should be obtained.
• The Activated-EM•1® should be diluted uniformly in the total water utilized to complete the filling of the tank. It is recommended that EM•1® be activated in close proximity of the tanks to facilitate the operation.
• Counting from the 1st day of production until the 120th day, a process of daily application of Activated-EM•1® at doses of 100 L /day/hectare is done.
• The Activated-EM•1® should be uniformly diluted at the entry of the system and the activation tanks should be placed at close proximity of the tank to facilitate application that could be done with an automatic dosificator.
Counting from the 1st day of production until the 120th day, a process of daily application of Activated-EM•1 at doses of 100 L /day/hectare is done.
The Activated-EM•1® should be uniformly diluted at the entry of the system and the activation tanks should be placed at close proximity of the tank to facilitate application that could be done with an automatic dosificator.
The fermentation of the food is oriented towards microbiological enrichment of the digestive tract, improving digestibility, food conversion and increase in the immunological capacity.
Similarly, from the 1st day of production to the 120th a part of the fermented food with Activated-EM•1®1 is incorporated into the feeding. This fermented food should not exceed 5% of the total feed offered daily. For the fermentation of the food use doses of 1 L of Activated-EM•1® /10 Kg of feed or concentrate. Use the same procedures described previously for the preparation of the EM-Bokashi.
Mode of use and considerations
• Use 5% of fermented food daily in the total feed offered.
• Mix the fermented food well with the normal food.
CONSIDERATIONS ABOUT THE METODOLOGY
• For the activation of EM•1®, tanks with specific capacity for the appropriate fermentation of EM•1 must be placed in the unit. They must be able to guarantee volumes necessary to be programmed.
• The fermentation tanks are simple and can be plastic or fiber glass.
• THIS PLAN OF USE DOES NOT CONTEMPLATE PARCIAL IMPLEMENTATIONS. Its success highly depends on the capacity of execution. For this reason, at least one technician should be trained and apt to be able to accompany the activities involved.
• Improves significantly the quality of water (turbidity, dissolved oxygen and pH).
• Efficiently reduce the cost of production.
• Naturally treats water and efficiently reduces the concentrations of coliforms.
• Efficiently reduce the production of harmful gases like ammonia, hydrogen sulphur and methane.
• Significantly reduces sedimented mud.
• Reduces the presence of pathogenic microorganisms in the water and soil. It improves the immunological system, reduces the incidence of diseases like white spot.
• Reduces the need for use of chemical products like antibiotics and lime.
• Helps to decrease the mortality index, increase yields and crop density.
• With the improvement of the intestinal flora, increases food conversion and decreases the production time.
• Permits a healthier production, clean and without negative environmental impacts.
".. if EM™ is made naturally as time passes just as the air and water. In other words, if we practice our life style base on the use of EM™ in all aspects of our lives, we will inevitably "Leave a clean planet for our children and grandchildren"."
"EM•1® is 100% natural, non-toxic, non-corrosive, non-radioactive, non-volatile, non inflammable and doesn’t need a quarantine period."